Auto Repair Shops Have A Choice
We Can Be Who They Choose
When We Understand Their Needs
Auto repair shops need to know that we have their best interest in mind. When calling to have a valued customer’s car towed-in they have a choice, they want someone who can be trusted with their customer’s business.
1. They want the towing company they call to keep their trucks clean and in good working order.
The way they look at it is: “You never know when a customer may need to go with the tow truck driver and the last thing I want is my customer taking a ride in a trashy tow truck. The impression they get from the towing company I call carries over to their impression of my business.”
2. They want the towing company to be available at their customer’s convenience. When they need something towed in they need it now not 3 hours from now.
They say: “If they have to wait too long my customer may have changed their mind and made other arrangements which means I lose money.”
3. They want service before and after the tow – Services like picking up keys from a customer’s home or business before we tow it or moving a previously towed vehicle, without a wheel, into their shop. We always do these at no charge.
4. They want the tow truck driver to be friendly and presentable and to take good care of their customers.
They say: “He should be customer-oriented and understand the importance of attention to detail. Treating customers with respect and taking pride in his appearance.”
5. They want the tow truck driver to be attuned to the demands they (the shop owners and service writers) face as well.
They say: “I want the tow truck driver to wait until I’m done taking care of customers before he asks for help with a signature or help finding a place to drop the car, when you guys do that I know, right away, that you care about my business.”
6. They want the tow truck driver to provide them with a clearly written invoice that includes not only the charge for services but all the information needed to properly log the vehicle into their system.
They say: “When I get a scribbled bill from a towing company that I can’t even begin to understand that’s when I start looking for someone else.”
7. They want the tow truck driver to stop in the shop first and ask where the vehicle should be dropped before he drops it.
They say: “I know I’m busy sometimes but I may have already emptied a spot inside because I knew that car was coming, when you stick it outside without asking first that just creates more work for me.”
8. They don’t want the tow truck driver to block their garage doors or block the regular flow of customer and employee traffic when parking on their lot.
9. They want the tow truck driver to leave the mechanical work to the professionals at their shop
They say: “Please don’t attempt to diagnose or fix my customer’s car before it gets to my shop as more harm than good can be done.”
10. They want the tow truck driver to deliver the vehicle to their shop.
They say: “If I call your company to have a vehicle towed in and later learn that the tow truck driver suggested that my customer take their car to a competitor for the needed repairs I will no longer use your services.”
Following these guidelines will allow us to keep auto repair shops happy.
Please sign below to indicate that you have read and understand.