7 Things You Should Expect From The Tow Truck Operator
3 Mistakes To Avoid When Choosing A Towing Company
Tow Truck Biz Today June 2013;
Every day you provide a variety of services from simple oil changes to brakes and engine issues and periodically you’ll get a call from a customer whose car can’t make it to your shop on its own. You provide the best service you can to ensure they come back anytime there’s a repair issue and you want to be sure the company you choose to tow their car also provides the best services possible. When you need something towed in you expect the towing company to have your best interest in mind. Choosing a company that not only meets your needs but the needs and expectations of your customers shouldn’t be difficult when you know what to expect. Below are a few examples of what you should expect.˜
Seven Things You Should Expect From The Towing Company:
1. You should expect the towing company you choose to keep their trucks clean and in good working order. You never know when a customer may need to go with the tow truck driver and the last thing you want is for them to take a ride in a trashy tow truck. The impression they get from the towing company you call carries over to their impression of your company.
2. You should expect a towing company to be available at your convenience- When you need something towed in you need it now not 3 hours from now. By then your customer may have changed their mind and made other arrangements.
3. You should expect to know what the towing company’s rates are so you can provide your customer with an accurate, all-inclusive repair estimate when requested. The simpler the better
4. You should expect the towing company to provide you with service after the tow – Moving a vehicle without a wheel into your shop or providing your customer with a ride home after the tow are reasonable requests that a customer oriented towing company should be happy to provide.
5. To avoid any conflict of interest you should expect the towing company you choose to concentrate on the towing business only and not any competing venture like auto repair.
6. You should expect the towing company to eagerly provide value-added services like picking up the keys from your customer’s place of business or home so you don’t have to.
7. You should expect the towing company to carry towing insurance and worker’s compensation insurance and make certificates of insurance available upon request. You don’t want to be liable for any damages caused by an uninsured tower while transporting a customer’s car.
Seven Things You Should Expect From The Tow Truck Operator:
1. You should expect the tow truck driver to be friendly and presentable and to take good care of your customer. He should be a customer-oriented individual that understands the importance of attention to detail.
2. You should expect the tow truck driver to be attuned to your needs as well. Courtesy demands that he wait until you’re finished taking care of customers before asking for a signature or help in determining a place for the towed vehicle.
3. You should expect the tow truck driver to provide you with a clearly written invoice that includes not only the charge for services but all the information needed to properly log the vehicle into your system.
4. You should expect the tow truck driver to stop into your shop and ask where you would like the vehicle dropped before he drops it.
5. You should expect the tow truck driver not to block your garage doors when parking in your lot.
6. You should expect the tow truck driver to leave the mechanical work to you and the professionals at your shop. They should not attempt to diagnose or fix your customer’s vehicle before it gets there as more harm than good can be done.
7. You should expect the tow truck driver to deliver the towed vehicle in as good a condition as when it was picked up. Besides ensuring no damage is done he should also take care to remove dirty gloves before touching it inside and out.
Three Mistakes To Avoid When Choosing A Towing Company For Your Customers:
1. Mistake #1: Choosing a towing company that can’t meet your time requirements. When customer service means getting your customer’s car in and out before the end of the day you need a towing company that can respond to your needs. The availability of your techs can fluctuate from hour to hour depending on the work and when you tell a customer that you can get it done within a certain time frame you’d like to be able keep your word. The last thing you need is to be slowed down because you’re waiting on the tow truck.
2. Mistake # 2: Choosing a towing company based solely on price. Most people are budget minded these days and saving money matters but some unscrupulous towing companies get away with charging rock bottom prices by not being insured or by paying their employees under the table. It’s only a matter of time until a costly damage claim is filed or the IRS catches up with them and their gone for good. Don’t let their misguided choices harm the services you provide your customers in the interest of saving a few dollars.
3. Mistake #3: Choosing a towing company that doesn’t have your best interest in mind. The relationship between a towing company and an auto-repair shop should be one built on trust. You need to know that the company you trust with your customers’ business values that relationship and will do everything within its power to maintain that trust. You wouldn’t want to invest in a relationship with a towing company that continually talks your customers out of doing business with you. Or one that guides your customer into choosing another repair shop due to price, convenience, or location. Choose a tow company you can trust.
Choosing the right towing company can affect your bottom line and create more repeat customers
You know the value of a customer is much more than one visit that’s why it’s important to create lasting relationships. Your goal is to build your business and you do that by providing great service and giving your customers every reason to continue doing business with you.
Choosing a towing company that understands your goals and is aligned with you to help create and maintain those relationships can be a valuable link in the customer service chain. With support from the right towing company you can be sure your customers will be taken care of even when they’re not on your lot.
Brought to you by Broadway Wrecker a towing company that cares for your customers almost as much as you do. Our rates and services.
And to thank you in advance your next tow’s on us.
Offer good up to $75 for Service Writers and Auto Repair shops in the Jefferson City Area